I’ve been delaying posting this recipe for a really long time now.
Been experimenting with pizza dough lately and I think I finally found one I like. It’s not an authentic pizza recipe but it’s working pretty well with me and I thought I’d share it :)
1 tbs sugar
1 tsp Yeast (from small sachets, they seem to work better somehow..)
1 cup water
1 tsp salt
2.5 cups flour (for rye pizza, substitute 2 or 2 1/4 cups of flour with rye flour. I haven’t tried using only rye because well I want gluten in my pizza :p)
2-3 tbs powdered milk
2 tbs olive oil
1 tsp herbs of your choice
- Dissolve yeast with sugar and warm water. Let it sit for couple of minutes until it foams a bit, then mix with all the other ingredients
- Knead the dough until it’s elastic enough (I sometimes knead it with olive oil if I feel the dough isn’t the right consistency for me)
- Put the dough in an oiled bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Let it sit for 2 hours
- Punch down the dough then divide the dough into 3 balls. dust them with flour and either let them rest for 1 hour before flattening them and cooking them or keep them in the fridge until you want to use them.
- If you put it in the fridge, make sure it’s room temperature before you knead and bake the pizza
- Don’t forget to cover the dough while it’s resting with either a damp cloth or plastic wrap so it doesn’t form a crust.
- Top it with anything you want and bake for 15 to 16 minutes in a 390 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven.
That’s pretty much it,