It started as a normal, boring ratatouille and ended up with a succulent chicken baked dish.
Today’s dish is very easy to do and fits everyone’s schedule. This dish is perfect for busy people, since I have very little time to cook these days. hopefully, my schedule will be cleared up by end of this week and I’ll be back to cooking :)
Ok, let’s start
Recipe: the recipe is very flexibl, you can use whatever veggies you want.
- green chili pepper
- bell pepper
- tomato sauce (either bottled or do your own (garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, curry, salt, pepper, water)
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, 1 table spoon of dried onion soup(gives it the extra oomph)
- naif’s frozen chicken fajita
Directions: can’t be any easier :)
- dice the eggplants and soak them with salted water.
- in a pot, mix olive oil and corn or canola oil together.
- saute` the onions first until withered. add in the chili pepper and garlic. keep stirring
- remove the eggplants from with salted water and drop them in the pot
- Drop the chicken fahita strips and add the bell peppers
- add the spice mix and diced tomatoes.
- keep mixing, add the shredded parnsip and carrots
- for the tomato sauce, whenever you feel the mix is dry, add a bit.
- in a small ramiken or a baking dish add the veggie mix first, then 1-2 TBS of tomato sauce, then mozzarella. repeat and end with mozzarella.
- bake for about 10 minutes in a 200 degree celcius and enjoy eating it for lunch.
this little ramiken was my lunch today. very fulfilling :)