it can be eaten warm, cold.. as is, with berries, cinnamon.. whatever you want. can be made in advance, made and eaten right away. plus, its easy to make and very satisfying.
I will be fasting this month, this would be my daily sohoor.
- 2 cups of skimmed milk
- a pinch of cinnamon
- a splash of vanilla
- 1-2 tbs sugar
- 5-6 table spoons semolina (سميد) .. depending on how thick you want it to be.
- a handful of berries or raisins if you want. I don’t like to add anything to it.
- bring the milk to a boil
- add the sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
- stir in the semolina and keep stirring until it thickens. you will see that the grains has doubled in size. taste it to see if they have softened or not.
- still in the berries or raisins (optional) if they’re dry, either add them with the semolina or soak then in hot water before use.
that’s it! :)
be careful, don’t over cook them. it thickens even more when its cold.