I’m a seafood person. Not knowing what a certain seafood dish tastes like would definitely haunt me forever.. I was given surimi products as an inspirational ingredient for my next dishes.. crab sticks, surimi shrimps and surimi lobster tails. This is trial #1 with the surimi shrimps.. They don’t quiet taste like
shrimps but they’re delicious :)
- Tagliatelle Pasta
- 1 tbs butter
- Olive oil (or use the sundried tomato oil)
- 1 big white onion
- 2 cans of cream
- About 15 chopped up sundried tomatoes (if you want stronger flavor, go ahead and add the whole jar)
- Black pepper
- 1 maggie cube
- Parmesan cheese
- Worcestershire sauce
- Lime zest
- Crushed chili peppers
- In a pot, saute the Onions with the butter and oil. once they’re soft, add the garlic, chili and spices.
- Add the cilantro and worcshire sauce. Keep mixing then add the shrimps
- add the chopped up sundried tomatoes
- add around a cup of water, stirr everything together and once the water starts boiling, add the cream.
- let it simmer for about 5 minutes, then add Lime zest and parmesan.
- Your pasta should be cooked already. mix it in with cream sauce and serve it hot.
- if left cold, the cream sauce will thicken and dry out. you can heat it again with a splash of water.
How to serve:
the best way to seve it is by sprinkling parmesan cheese and lime zest on top and give your guests the choice to add lime juice. I love mine with lime juice incorporated with the pasta.. Lime goes very well with seafood.