If you know me, you’d know that Chicken and I, don’t really get along. unless it’s cooked to perfection. I had a “Ferakh” phase once, where I ate roasted chicken everyday, for weeks. I sure hope this is not the case :)
The chicken in this dish was so delicious and aromatic, the whole family ate it and it’s pretty easy to make.
You need to do the following:
- 1 Chicken cut into 7-8 pieces.
- Dijon mustard
- Honey mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Cloves of garlic (Sliced)
- Lime juice
- Olive oil
- Mix everything up together. (# 2-10)
- Place the chicken pieces in a bag, then pour the mixture on the chicken pieces and shake the bag until all pieces are covered with the sauce.
- Cut potatoes and carrots and mix them with the chicken and let it sit for 2 hours to 1 day.
- When it’s time to cook the chicken. pour the content of the bag in a baking dish and place it in the oven for up to 1 hour.
- Cover the dish with foil for the first 30 minutes, then take out the foil and let the chicken brown a bit.
- when the chicken is done, take the chicken and veggies out of the dish and place the empty baking dish on your oven and start de-glazing. you only need to add water and keep mixing until all the bits loosens up and gets combined in the sauce. Then add about 1 tsp of flour and keep mixing. End result will be a delicious gravy to be poured on top of the chicken.
That’s it!. if you want the carrots and potatoes to be extra soft, boil them first then bake them in the oven.