I’ve been craving for this dish for almost two months now. I’m glad I made it today! It was FANTASTIC
first of all, you really don’t need any sauce with the salmon. I removed it once I took this picture.. it didn’t add anything but calories :) .. the salmon alone tastes phenomenal. And about the asparagus, the white asparagus is a lot sweeter than the green asparagus.. some may like it, but I love green asparagus’s taste, so I advice you to use green asparagus… I couldn’t find any green ones today :)
Here’s how you do it:
- Salmon fillet, leave the skin on. Make sure it has the same thickness. I removed the thinner part and grilled it separately. Every bit was cooked evenly, no raw or dry fish on my plate tonight :)
- Salt and Pepper
- The first thing you need to do it to remove the bones from the fillet. You can remove them with your hands. it’s not hard but you can use pliers if you want to.
- Season the fish and asparagus with Salt and Pepper, then squeeze half a lemon for each fillet.
- I used a grilling pan to grill the salmon and asparagus. Whatever you use, place the fish on the grill and DO NOT touch it or flip it until almost 1/3 of the fish is pale and cooked. Then you can use a flat spoon to flip the fillet. I like mine to be a bit on the raw side, so I grilled all fillets all the way through and left mine slightly raw.. YUM … you can also grill the asparagus on the same grill. It gives it more flavor.
- Once you’re done grilling, place your filler and asparagus on a place and squeeze some more lemon on top of it. Add salt to your preference.
Serve it with a light salad :). I’m making some more tomorrow with couscous. Stay tuned!