Thank you for all the likes! it’s now possible for me to post the recipe and for you to enjoy it :)
This is not any sponge cake! it is THE BEST THING YOU’LL EVER EAT.
- A pack of thick cream (Forget about dieting this time. It’s soo worth it)
- A pack of whipping cream.
- 1.5 Cups of sugar
- 1 or 2 tsp vanilla or a juice of a medium sized orange with orange zest if you like fruity flavors. you can customize your own cake :)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2.5 Cups of flour
- 5 Eggs
- Preheat the oven – (175 degrees)
- In a bowl, sift all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the whipping cream and the thick cream to the dry ingredients and mix them until they’re well incorporated together
- Whisk the eggs together then add them to the mixture
- add the vanilla essence or any other flavor you want then pour them in the baking plate thingy (forgot its name, blame it on the flu :))… Make sure it’s only 50-60% full, because it has to have enough space to rise properly when it’s being baked.
- Place them in the oven and bake them for 40-50 minutes.
- Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool before you try to take it out of the baking pan. The cake will break apart if handled when it’s hot.
It’s very important to know your oven. Mine it sealed, so things get cooked very fast. If you’re not familiar with how your oven works, wait for 40 minutes then insert a toothpick to the center of the cake and take it out. if it has no batter, then your cake is ready.
Try out different flavors like almond essence, orange juice and zest, lemon zest.. some like combining icing sugar with any citrus juice and pouring it over the cake when it’s still warm. I like mine with vanilla and a bit of orange zest.