It’s tasty, easy to make and very light! did I mention how easy it was to make it? It’s REALLY easy. You just need to assemble the ingredients.
- Fresh Burger buns. Took mine from Geant’s bakery. They also have brown buns
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Paprika, cumin (if needed)
- Lebnah or sour cream (I love lebnah)
- Knorr’s french onion soup mix
- Maple Syrup
- In a pan, saute onions with a splash of olive oil and a pinch of salt. when they’re wilted, add as much maple syrup as you want.. let it cook until onions are soft and sweet.
- Mix couple of table spoons of lebnah with a bit of dry onion soup mix and set it aside. This is my secret mix :), Great as a stand alone dip, AMAZING with grilled veggie sandwich and you can use it with almost every sandwich that’s missing the WOW factor.
- Mash the avocado and mix it with salt, pepper, paprika and a tiny pinch of cumin.
- Remove the stem from the mushroom, lightly season it with salt and pepper and grill it using a pan. I always use a ribbed pan. couple of minutes on each side. If its not a non stick pan, spray it with olive oil before grilling.
- When the mushroom is grilled already, cut the bun in half and slightly toast them oven the pan.
- For the layering: spread the lebnah mix first, then place the mushroom on top of it. Add 1-2 TBS of onions on top.
- Last step: Spread the avocados on the other half of the bun and place it on top of the onions. You’re done :)
The bun I used was soo delicious and fresh. It’s very important to have fresh ingredients. Makes a lot of difference in taste :)