I Apologize for the lack of posting these days, I’ve had a very hectic month with the preparation and execution of Givekuwait.com in the past 3 months (yes, I work at Wataniya :) )
I cooked 3 dishes only this month, along with the small, day to day recipes and I’ve been preparing for my cook book (fingers crossed x), and I managed to destroy yet another laptop, hence the lack of posts :)
Today’s dish is very easy. all you need is the following :
- A really good pesto brand, I love Marks and Spencer’s Pesto.
- Olive Oil and a knob of butter
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Linguine Pasta
- Salt and Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Roasted Pine nuts
- Cook the Pasta till it’s al dente. Not smushy, but not undercooked.. you know, just right :). then stop the cooking process by straining them with cold water. drizzle them with olive oil so they don’t stick.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil and butter (add as much oil as you want), then add garlic, once it’s cooked but not burned add the linguine, and add the salt and pepper and sun dried tomato slices, and keep tossing the pasta to absorb all the flavor. if you feel it’s a bit dry, add a bit of the pasta water to the mixture. some people like to add cream at this stage but I don’t.
- Add as much pesto as you want. if the pesto is salty, eliminate the salt part. I usually add just 2 TBS. continue mixing in low heat but don’t over do it, otherwise it will burn and be bitter.
- Add the pine nuts and parmesan cheese and serve while it’s hot :)
That’s it! :)
p.s, I’ll be posting illustrations if images are not available from now on :)