I wanted something flavorful and delicious for dinner so I made what I want to think of as a healthy alternative to our regular deep fried fries. If you’re not into kabocha squash, go with any type squash.
- 1 medium sized squash (the firmer the better) peeled and cut similar to fries.
- Paprika, garlic powder and salt &pepper to taste.
- 1-2 TBS olive oil which is optional.
- In a bowl, mix olive oil with squash, and sprinkle the spices on top. Give them a toss and spread them over a cookie sheet or foil. You can also spread the squash first and drizzle olive oil and spices on top.
- Place them in a pre-heated oven (200 Celsius) for 30-40 minutes or until they’re browned and dry in the edges.
I like my fries to be extra soft and caramelized. If you want them to be crispy, bake them for 40-45 minutes.
I’m charging my camera so I snapped a picture with my blackberry this time :)