After looking at what I’ve been cooking lately, I realized that I need to incorporate more healthy stuff :), so this is the start.
Today’s dish can be a cold salad or a great sandwich that you can just pack and eat on the go. all you need is a great thick steak (I prefer sirloins), and veggies o you’re good to go.
- Sirloin steak or any think peice of meat
- shredded carrots or canned (I used canned here, wanted to know how it would taste and it turned out delicous!)
- soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- red pepper chips (crushed red pepper)
- spring onions
- olive oil
- soak the meat in white vinegar for a bit (it sort of cleans it out and acts like a meat tenderizer)
- take it out of the vinegar and sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
- grill the steaks (3 minutes on each side if you want a slight pink color in the middle when its cut) and cut them into thin slices.
- tear out some lettuce leaves, cut the spring onions and mix them with the carrots
- for the dressing: mix yoghurt, olive oil, soy sauce, lemon, garlic, and crushed pepper together and adjust ingredients as you prefer.
- mix everything together and either serve it as a salad, a lettuce wrap or wrapped with tortilla.