This is one of my favorite simple recipes. All you need is dried black mushrooms which you can get from Singarea. If you’re not familiar with this place, it’s a grocery shop run by a korean family and they have all sorts of asian food supplies. I got to know it from Nouf almudhayan’s show; spotlight.
let’s start with the ingredients:
- Dried mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- Thinly sliced onions
- Chili flakes
- A tiny bit of lemon juice :)
- Parsley for garnish
- White Rice
- Soak the mushrooms in hot water for about 7-10 minutes. Once they’re soft, slice them and set them aside. Don’t through the water, you’ll use it later on.
- In a pot or a large skillet, spray some olive oil and saute the onions. Once they’re softened, add the spices and garlic.. saute them for a minute then add in the mushrooms.
- Lotsa liquids will come out of the rehydrated mushrooms. All the flavors will be infused together at this yummy stage :), you can add a spoon of mushroom water now if you feel the dish is dry.
- Add Cream to the mix and as much mushroom water as you want until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Serve it with rice and garnish it with parsley
That’s it! its a fairy easy dish that packs on a lot of flavors because of the dried mushrooms. I added potato cubes to the mix, you can do that too and eliminate the rice if you want.