When I’m in a hurry and I want something really delicious and easy to do, here’s what I do:
- 4 apples
- 1 pack of puff pastry
- Cinnanom to taste
- Brown sugar and white sugar to taste
- Lemon so that apples don’t brown
- Nutmeg if you’re able to find them :)
- Peel and slice the apples. Mix them with the juice of either a whole small lemon or half a big one.
- Mix in the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Adjust quantity to taste.
- Thaw the puff pastry squares, knead them to make them bigger a bit but not too mush it will be tougher to eat.
- Place the mixture in the middle of the puff pastry and cover them.
- Bake them until they’re browned. If you want extra flavor and color, brush the pastry with butter.
I usually use my muffin tins, place the puff pastry and then place the mixture in it without closing it but I’m not at home and I couldn’t find any muffin tins :) so I’m left out with these funny looking shapes.
Variations: you can mix the mixture with caramel sauce. My favorite is serving it with custard or vanilla ice cream.
Tip: in case you don’t have puff pastry, you can use white toast. Cut it in squares, flatten them, brush them with butter and put them in the muffin tin instead of the puff pastry.