You should know by now that I love seafood. I love everything about it and I LOVE cooking with seafood.
Today’s dish was inspired by a dish called Pad Thai. I had black rice noodles laying around for over a month, and I wanted to do a dish that’s fragrant, delicious and easy to do and doesn’t take that much time. so I made the following:
- Rice Noodles (any type)
- Spring Onions
- White Onions or the white tip of spring onions
- Chili Flakes
- Lemon and Lemon Zest
- Salt and Pepper
- Fish sauce (or Diluted soy sauce)
- Olive Oil
- Start with soaking the rice noodles with cold water, then hot water for 10-15 minutes, then cold water again. Or just soak it with room temperature water for couple of hours if you’re lazy like me :)
- In a skillet or Wok, start with sauteing the chopped onions until they’re translucent. Add the garlic and keep stirring, then add the salt, pepper and paprika and toss in the shrimps and keep mixing till they all turn pink then add the chili flakes.
- add the fish sauce, lemon juice, and toss in the noodles. keep mixing until they absorb all the flavors then add the lemon zest.