This is a 5 minutes pudding like sweet that tastes exactly like cinnabon’s original. I was baby sitting the neices yesterday. I gave them directions and they make the whole dish. that’s how easy it is.
- 1 big can of sweetened condensed milk or 2 if you want it extra moist
- 1 TBS Cinnamon
- about 1/2 to 1 cup of milk
- 1-2 flake bars
- Kiri cheese – or any other cream cheese. (I used about 9 or 10 pieces)
- in a food processor, mix the condensed milk, cheese and milk together
- add cinnamon and half of the flake to the mix
- if you’re using brioche, I’d say add 1/4 stick of butter and mix it with the cheese. but I think Croissants will taste even better and you don’t need butter.
- place the criossants in the deep dish (if you’re using Brioche, tear it apart into 8 peices and arrange them to fill the dish) and pour the mixture on top
- sprinkle the rest of the flake on top and place it in the oven for 15-20 minutes in 170 heat. Keep an eye on the dish to make sure you don’t burn it. because I did ;) but it was fixable, thank god.
That would be it. Enjoy your meal :) and please excuse the bad picture. not used to cooking somewhere other than home.
I tried something new today. with yes… Mascarpone cheese again ;)
- 4 Tomatoes (six of they’re small)
- About a cup or less of Mascarpone cheese Continue reading
There are recipes that you really can’t cut the fat from. sponge cakes are one of those recipes.
just had a slice, LOVE IT. it ranks number 2 on my all times favorite sponge cakes :D.. my number one is my aunt’s sponge cake. No one can top it.
- 1.5 cups of white flour
- 2 sticks of butter (i removed the last 1.5 cm from the second stick)
- 3/4 cup of sugar (you can add as much as you like)
- 3 eggs separated
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond flavor
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- about 3/4 cup of milk.
- sift flour, salt and baking powder together and set them aside
- melt the butter and mix it with the sugar then mix it with the other dry ingredients then add the milk.
- in another bowl. beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- beat the egg yolks until they’re creamy then mix them with the flour mixture
- fold in the egg whites gradually
- bake it for 40-45 minutes in a 175 degree, preheated oven
*** different flavors: Once you find a recipe you’re comfortable with, try creating different flavors. example: 1 tsp orange zest with 1/3 cup orange juice. cardamon, saffron, lemon. then we have fruity icing like icing sugar with the juice of any citrus fruit.
Got tons of recipes and pictures to share :), will try to add them as soon as I have time.
I’ve made this cake last week. turned out good. loved the way it smelled
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 to 1.5 cup of sugar (you can go as much as 2 cups)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond essense
1 cup of skimmed milk
1/3 stick butter
a pinch of salt
in a sauce pan, heat the milk and butter and set them aside
beat the sugar and egg together until they’re well blended and creamy. the color has to be less yellowish and more white.
add the vanilla and almond to the mixture and keep mixing on medium speed.
mix the flour, baking powder and salt togethter and set aside
gradually add the hot milk to the egg mixture while the mixer is still on and then add the dry ingredients.
Grease a tube/ring pan and fill it with the batter. the pan should be not more than half full in order to give the cake enough space to breathe and expand.
heat: 175 degree celcius. for 45 minutes.
I woke up early, wanting something sweet but not too sweet and fast to make. so I made chocolate chip muffins. they’re not goumet muffins and not too fansy, but they’re quick and fulfillling :) .. great for kids too.
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 3/4 Cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream (or more if you find them too dry for you)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- a splash of vanilla (about 2 tsp)
- 1/2 Cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (a bit more splashes here and there won’t hurt)
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together.
- beat the egg, vailla, milk, oil and sour cream together then add the dry ingredients
- fold in the chocolate chips.
Congratulations. You’re Done :)
now, spoon the batter in the muffin cups or tin, 3/4 full. they will rise a lot. if you’re making small muffins, they will take 10-11 minutes to fully bake. if they’re bigger then bake them for 18 minutes.
I added one chip on top just because I like how it looks like what it’s baked :)
I don’t know what to call this delicious lemony treat. it feels like pudding :)
I’ve lost my appetite in the past week, and nothing brings it back better than the aroma of lemon rind and lemon juice…
you start with creaming the butter, sugar, egg yolks, and lemon rind together. when it all blends together it will become so silky and fluffy you just want to dive into it and live there forever. then add the flour, a pinch of baking soda and a pinch of baking powder. when its all combined together, add the lemon juice and milk.
in another bowl, beat the egg whites until it forms peaks, then fold it to the mixture. then bake it for 30-35 minutes in a water bath. (180 degree).
I’m doing a tiny experiment on the side. once the first batch is baked, i’ll add the picture and exact recipe :)
- 3 eggs
- half a butter stick (I added a bit more, like 60% of the stick)
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- as much lemon rind as you want. I added about half a table spoon.
Trial #1:without egg white: the flavors intensified and its half a cake, half a pudding.. sooo gooood but heavy. next time, I’ll make smaller servings
Trial #2: with egg white: much fluffier, lighter flavor.
-Roasted garlic may sound unpleasant, but you have to try it to really know what I’m talking about. once you roast the whole garlic, it becomes caramelized and sweet. Always a great addition to any white sauce (for pastas for example), can be used as a pizza topping, mashed potatoes (my favorite addition), soups, dips, as also, you can make the most amazing garlic bread ever by only spreading the garlic on a piece of toasted bread and adding a drop of olive oil on top.
- take the whole garlic, cut the top part to expose the “flesh”
- sprinkle some salt on top
- Drizzle olive oil on the garlic (you can also add balsamic vinegar, tastes great)
- put it in the oven for 15 minutes in 200 degree heat. I usually put it for 5 extra minutes until they’re slightly browned.
when you do it, you’ll be left with bits of garlic; don’t throw them, mix them with eggs, olive oil, chili, sausages… whatever combination you like and put them in the same muffin tin you’re using for the roasted garlic. you will get the most amazing, aromatic egg muffins you’ll ever taste. I like mine simple; salt, pepper, olive oil and garlic bits and I sometimes add a pinch of baking powder if I want it extra fluffy.
It started as a normal, boring ratatouille and ended up with a succulent chicken baked dish.
Today’s dish is very easy to do and fits everyone’s schedule. This dish is perfect for busy people, since I have very little time to cook these days. hopefully, my schedule will be cleared up by end of this week and I’ll be back to cooking :)
Ok, let’s start
Recipe: the recipe is very flexibl, you can use whatever veggies you want.
- green chili pepper
- bell pepper
- tomato sauce (either bottled or do your own (garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, curry, salt, pepper, water)
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, 1 table spoon of dried onion soup(gives it the extra oomph)
- naif’s frozen chicken fajita
Directions: can’t be any easier :)
- dice the eggplants and soak them with salted water.
- in a pot, mix olive oil and corn or canola oil together.
- saute` the onions first until withered. add in the chili pepper and garlic. keep stirring
- remove the eggplants from with salted water and drop them in the pot
- Drop the chicken fahita strips and add the bell peppers
- add the spice mix and diced tomatoes.
- keep mixing, add the shredded parnsip and carrots
- for the tomato sauce, whenever you feel the mix is dry, add a bit.
- in a small ramiken or a baking dish add the veggie mix first, then 1-2 TBS of tomato sauce, then mozzarella. repeat and end with mozzarella.
- bake for about 10 minutes in a 200 degree celcius and enjoy eating it for lunch.
this little ramiken was my lunch today. very fulfilling :)