I think I’m inlove <3
This recipe is very easy to make, there are 2 key ingredients to have a great loaf. i’ll talk about them in the recipe directions.
- Resting the dough
- Proofing the yeast.
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 3/4 TBS of active yeast
- 3 cups of flour
- a pinch of salt
- 1/8 cup of vegetable oil
- in a large bowl, mix the sugar with a cup of warm water. add the yeast and stirr until its desolved. leave it for 10 minutes. the yeast should start foaming. if it doesn’t foam then discard the yeast and buy another one. this step is called yeast proofing. water has to be warm otherwise the yeast won’t proof.
- add salt and oil to the mixture and gradually add the flour and keep mixing until it forms a ball. the dough will be so soft at this stage :), I fell in love with it!
- take the dough out of the bowl, knead it for a minute or so, push the dough away then fold it and bring it towards you, then rotate and repeat the same motion. form a ball and place it in a greased bowl, cover it in a damp towel and leave it for an hour in a warm place (the oven would be a great place. just don’t open it at this stage :p)
- after an hour, the dough should be doubled in size. punch it it the middle and in a lightly floured surface, start kneading it again.
- form a nice looking loaf and place it in a greased 9×5 tin. let it rest for about half an hour to an hour. the dough will rise again at this stage.
- Bake the dough for 30-35 minutes in a 175 degree oven. mine took 35 minutes and formed a great hard crust.
Note: If you want to make an ordinary white loaf then cut the sugar in half or use about 1 TSB of sugar.