This is my first pasta disaster ever. I spent 2 hours yesterday trying to work on a whole grain, healthy seafood pasta dish. the end result was … A disaster. it didn’t taste the way I wanted.
The good stuff:
- I boiled the clams with 1 whole Garlic and salt, it gave it a nice flavor. then I added the garlic to the sauce.
- The pasta was cooked well. 10 minutes for whole grain pasta and I stoppped the cooking process with cold water.
Here’s what I did wrong. I hope it helps, if you ever decide to cook clams or pasta :)
- Mistake #1 : I put fresh clams in the freezer. They died, therefore I could not remove the sand inside the clams with a salted water soak. Instead, I had to manually open each clam and clean it up
- Mistake #2: I used a medium sized pot to make the sauce, so I had a hard time mixing the pasta with the sauce. When I transfered the pasta to it’s dish, I realized that all the sauce contents stayed in the pot, so I mixed it again.
- Mistake # 3: I forgot to add the mascarpone cheese to the sauce, so mixed it in afterwards.
The flavors weren’t incorporated correctly and the end result was a bland tasting pasta. I’d give it a 5/10. It would have been an amazing dish if I wasn’t sleep deprived.
Here’s what I did to fix it:
I added lemon juice and lemon zest, mixed it very well since the sauce was at the bottom of the plate and let it sit for 20 minutes before serving. It was saved :)
I’m making stuffed portabella mushrooms today. Wish me luck.