It’s been a while :) and I apologize for that specially that it’s ramadan and I know most of you wanted new recipes. First of all thank you so much for reading the blog, the amount of readers I’m getting everyday is surprising, I’m really glad that you guys are benefiting from what I’m posting here :)
I moved to the states, finally did it! And I’ll be posting as much as I possibly can.
بما ان رمضان فطبخت اليوم محروق صبعه على طريقتي بالخضار. عادة الطبق يستخدم معاه خبز ايراني من الخباز و انا استخدمت تورتيا و الخضار المتواجدة كان خوش فطور
الطريقة وايد سهلة.
المقادير تكفي لأربع الى خمس اشخاص:
- ربع بصلة حمرا كبيرة مقصصة صغار أو بما يعادلها (ثلث كوب)
- علبة طماط مقصص
- ملعقة كبيرة معجون طماط
- شريحتين كبار تورتيا او ٤-٥ صغار
- فصين ثوم مهروس
- ملعقة كبيرة كزبر مهروس
- ملح و فلفل أسود و كركم أو كاري
- نصف بطاطا كبيرة
- خضار: كوسى، قرع، باذنجان (انا حطيت بلاك بينز تقريبا ٣ ملاعق كبيرة و مشروم بيبي پورتابيلا و يسمى كريميني)
- ملعقة واحدة دهن فقط.
- بجدر، نسخن الدهن و نضيف البصل ثم الثوم و الكزبر. نحمسه عدل بعدين نضيف البهارات و معجون الطمام و الطمام و نقلبه.
- نضيف الخضار و نخليهم ياخذون ريحة الحمسة لمدة ٥-٨ دقايق. نضيف ماي مغلي لي لما يصير كأنه شوربة خفيفة
- نقصص الخبز بيدنا و نضيفه للخلطة. حجم الخبز يكون تقريبا ٥سم في ٥ سم.
- نخلط الخبز، و نقصر على النار و نخلط الطبخة كل ٦-٧ دقايق.
- يتم اضافة ماي زيادة كل شوي و بعدين نخليه يثقل على نار هادية مع التقليب. الخبز راح يتقصص مع التقليب عشان چذي بدينا بقطع كبيرة
- نخلي الخلطة تثقل و نسكر النار.
- عند التقديم: يضاف في الصحن كزبر و ثوم فرش أو نقدر نشوحه على النار مع شوية دهن بعدين نحطه فوقه.
كمية الماي: بالنظر.. انا اول شي ضفت تقريبا ٢-٣ اكواب. بعدين قلت كمية الماي و ضفت كوب و بعدين وراها كوب بعد فترة.
اذا ثقلت الخلطة و الخضار ما استوت او الخبز لي الحين يابس نضيف ماي زيادة، هذا قياسنا. لمى تكون بثقل الصورة الاولى لازم يكون كل شي مستوي. و حطوا ببالكم ان الطبخة تثقل لمى نسكر النار اخر شي.
This is probably the freshest tasting dish I’ve ever made :)
All you need is the following:
For the salsa:
1 Firm Australian mango
Few leaves of mint
Around 1-2 TBS of chopped cilantro
Salt and pepper
Half a small red onion finely chopped
Green chili finely chopped ( or jalapeño of you find any)
Around half a red bell pepper ( i used green)
You can add ginger if you want
Mix all the ingredients together. Add a bit of lime juice and taste it and see if it needs more I use two limes. Leave the salt and pepper at the end and gradually add them until it suits your taste. I like my salsa with chunky mangos. You can cut them in smaller size if you want.
For the shrimps:
Just clean and sauté them with olive oil, garlic stalks, salt and pepper, and cilantro if you have any left from the salsa :) If you don’t have garlic stalks, use garlic cloves.
My friend Noura alRashed and I went to dean and deluca a while ago for grocery shopping. while we’re there, I stood in front of the lobster tank and tried to pick a lobster I’ll cook for my lunch.
Me: Noura, is there a wath7a in the tank?
and we spent the next 10 minutes picking a lobster we can call wath7a and we did :). I give names to live food I’m killing later on which is twisted I know but it gives them personality!
So I took wath7a home. placed her in the fridge in an open glass container with seaweed wrapped in a paper . waited till she went to sleep and took her out and cracked her head open with a sharp knife. I felt like a serial killer in the making. seriously!
before I cracked her head open, I boiled some water, with 1 lemon cut into 4 pieces and couple of cloves of garlic. once it started to boil, I cracked her head open and dropped her in the boiling water for exactly 10 minutes. Some like to boil it for 15 minutes but I think it’s just too much and it would become rubbery.
Take it out of the boiling water, cut the tail in half for easy access of the juicy meat and serve it with lemon butter.
The reason I cracked the lobster’s head open before boiling is because I didn’t want the lobster to suffer in boiling water. I think it’s inhumane. but you decide whether you want to do this or not :)
The last time I went to Singarea; the Korean grocery store, I got so many things that I didn’t get a chance to explore all of them. Today, I discovered that the noodle pack I have in the fridge is the zero calorie noodles that all the american health magazines are talking about. It basically has zero energy! And it’s packed with fiber!!!
Why didn’t I know about it sooner!
Anyways, I followed Fahad’s instructions in soaking the noodles in water before using them which eliminated any fishy flavor it has.
I tried one but didn’t like the texture a lot so i decided to roast them in a pan for a bit before tossing them in the vegetable stock which made a difference in the textures.
For the vegetable stock, i used all the vegetables i could find in the fridge along with 2 tsp of soy sauce, spices, seaweed and lemon juice.
I downed the whole thing in a sec :p
where can you get them?
Singarea, the same korean place i talked about earlier this month
And now if you excuse me, i’m going to finish whatever is left from my bowl of noodles yum!
Sometimes, the best dishes are the ones that takes no time or effort preparing. For this dish, all you need is love and the following:
Barbequick disposable BBQ container. All you need is a match to make it ready for grilling.
- Fish masala (try a brand called khazana. Can be found at geant)
- Fish chunks (i used hamour)
- The juice of one lime
- 1 Portabella mushroom
- 1 Red and 1 yellow bell peppers
- Wooden sticks.
- Slice everything to the desired size. Toss in the masala and lime juice and make your fish skewers.
- Grill your fish until they’re cooked all the way through
That’s it! The dish was a success and it took me leas than half an hour to prepare.
My dad gave me a humungous horseradish at 4 pm today and told me to think of ways to cook it for dinner and i made the following:
- half a pack of pasta (whatever pasta u want and the smaller the better
- white onions
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 3 shre Continue reading
You should know by now that I love seafood. I love everything about it and I LOVE cooking with seafood.
Today’s dish was inspired by a dish called Pad Thai. I had black rice noodles laying around for over a month, and I wanted to do a dish that’s fragrant, delicious and easy to do and doesn’t take that much time. so I made the following:
- Rice Noodles (any type)
- Spring Onions
- White Onions or the white tip of spring onions
- Chili Flakes
- Lemon and Lemon Zest
- Salt and Pepper
- Fish sauce (or Diluted soy sauce)
- Olive Oil
- Start with soaking the rice noodles with cold water, then hot water for 10-15 minutes, then cold water again. Or just soak it with room temperature water for couple of hours if you’re lazy like me :)
- In a skillet or Wok, start with sauteing the chopped onions until they’re translucent. Add the garlic and keep stirring, then add the salt, pepper and paprika and toss in the shrimps and keep mixing till they all turn pink then add the chili flakes.
- add the fish sauce, lemon juice, and toss in the noodles. keep mixing until they absorb all the flavors then add the lemon zest.
This is one of my favorite simple recipes. All you need is dried black mushrooms which you can get from Singarea. If you’re not familiar with this place, it’s a grocery shop run by a korean family and they have all sorts of asian food supplies. I got to know it from Nouf almudhayan’s show; spotlight.
let’s start with the ingredients:
- Dried mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- Thinly sliced onions
- Chili flakes
- A tiny bit of lemon juice :)
- Parsley for garnish
- White Rice
- Soak the mushrooms in hot water for about 7-10 minutes. Once they’re soft, slice them and set them aside. Don’t through the water, you’ll use it later on.
- In a pot or a large skillet, spray some olive oil and saute the onions. Once they’re softened, add the spices and garlic.. saute them for a minute then add in the mushrooms.
- Lotsa liquids will come out of the rehydrated mushrooms. All the flavors will be infused together at this yummy stage :), you can add a spoon of mushroom water now if you feel the dish is dry.
- Add Cream to the mix and as much mushroom water as you want until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Serve it with rice and garnish it with parsley
That’s it! its a fairy easy dish that packs on a lot of flavors because of the dried mushrooms. I added potato cubes to the mix, you can do that too and eliminate the rice if you want.
An OH MY GOD its unbelievably delicious meal.
A hint of olive oil
Kaffir lime leaves.
Lemon juice (I used lime)
Start with rubbing the shrimps with all the spices and oil. Grill them then toss in a bit of cream, lemon juice, leaks, garlic and ginger.